Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lawd, what a race!

Hey everybody, Jax here. Yeah, so my Derby predictions weren't quite on the mark ... Even though I lost my shirt at the sports book, I was truly happy to see Calvin Borel win at 50-1. I'll jump on that bandwagon.

The guy was just oozing with joy as he took a victory lap. The way he talked right after the race just shook me up. And three Top 3 finishes at the Derby in three years is impressive.

Also, you gotta love the hasty interview with Mine that Bird's trainer, Bennie Woolley Jr., after the race. The NBC guy kept saying how Woolley drove there 2,700 miles from New Mexico and nobody knew who he was, pretty much making him look like a fool. Woolley just stood there straight faced under a black cowboy hat, holding crutches under his arms. He leaned into the mic and said, "Well, I guess they'll know me now."

Awesome stuff.

Want to see what pure joy looks like? Borel gets interviewed at about the 3:30 mark.


He has also drawn some comparisons to Waterboy, but I dunno about that ...


Also, Pacquiao did win by TKO, so close but no cigar. There are rumors he might run for president of the Philippines ...

No comments: