Wednesday, June 24, 2009

'A' nother nice win

Hey guys, Jax here.

It was great to see the Giants pull it out against the A's last night in Oakland. The place was packed and Tim Lincecum went the distance after struggling through the sixth and seventh innings.

Luckily I didn't get to just see the box score, we watched a lot of the game on TV! Thank God "So You Think You Can Dance" wasn't on--that totally ruins my baseball watching. One of these days I'm just going to snatch that remote with my teeth and change it back to baseball. They'll probably think it's cute!

Amyway, last night in Oakland there were so many Giants fans, chanting "Let's go Gi-ants" and "Beat L.A." I love it. Especially after they violated us last year when A's fans took over AT&T Park. Last night, Timmy (7-2, 2.57 ERA) just had the grit to not worry about letting a few guys on base. Announcer Mike Krukow had a great way to describe Timmy's change-up:

"What is hitting? Timing. What is pitching? Upsetting the hitter's timing," Kruk said. Timmy's change ups and curveballs were on point, then he just blows by batters with a 96 mph fastball. We're witnessing something really special here, and it's been two years in the bigs, so it's not just facing batters who haven't figured him out yet. He's just that good.

Could it by Cy Young No. 2?

I'm feeling pretty good, I've been on deer patrol and taking a leak on some trees etc. My walks have been standard lately, a lot of sniffing going on. I'm kind of lazy, as usual.

I'm looking forward to this Giants road trip to Milwaukee and St. Louis, especially the earlier start times. I'm just sitting in the garage here, so why not start the games in the afternoon, right?

Jax

No comments: