Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm really freakin' tired

Hey everybody, Jax here. I am just exhausted.

I went on this crazy walk with Brooke yesterday, I am just beat. This is what it's like in the garage here every weekday while they're at work. I've got this water-filled Cool Bed thing happening. I'm kind of bored here, but someone's got to pay for the dogfood ... At least I can listen to KNBR sports talk radio all day (see that radio?) and blog.

Anyway I watched Tim Lincecum pitch a complete game last night with a career best 15 strikeouts (it was in LOW-DEF just for the record). The Giants beat the Pirates 4-2.

I was a little confused last night because I blogged yesterday that Adam LaRoche had been traded from the Pirates to the Red Sox. Then I see "LaRoche" playing third base for the Pirates. That was ANDY LaRoche at third. ADAM LaRoche does indeed play for the Red Sox. Whew, I was gnawing on my tail about that a little bit during the game. Brooke was on the computer, I couldn't check ... I get anxious.

And you thought these Halladay/Holliday trade rumors were tough to follow. Geez.

You may have heard that the Giants acquired Ryan Garko yesterday, who will play first base. The Giants traded away ninth-rated LHP Scott Barnes--yes the same Scott Barnes who Stephen watched throw eight shutout innings against the Modesto Nuts July 22 (see photo). See you later, Scotty.

Garko is batting .285 and can hit lefties, so that's why he's here. I guess Pablo Sandoval plays 3B now? He did last night. I think Garko will be a good addition, and I wonder if that's it for trades.

BTW, how good is Lincecum? He's 11-3 with a 2.30 ERA. Pitched a complete game last night. His only weakness? Holding runners on base. He needs to work on that.

Let's hope the Giants can hold on tonight through the Barry Zito roller coaster and eek out a win. The Phillies series this weekend is going to be so, so much harder.

Peace out,

Jax

No comments: