Monday, July 20, 2009

Knuckleballs, knuckle bones


Hey everybody, Jax here.

I just love knuckle bones. They're so tasty and salty. I've been accused of being salty too, like this morning, when I didn't want to go on a walk. I just wanted to sleep. But that's my breed, ya know, eat and sleep.

So the Giants are not doing that great since the All Star break. They lost two games and won one in Pittsburgh over the weekend, now they're in Atlanta with Jonathan Sanchez on the mound for his first start since the no hitter.

Watching the media and fans gush about Sanchez after his no hitter was a lot like watching the media and fans gush about Michael Jackson after his death. Sure, he made some mistakes, but now he's a hero! Nevermind all the previous bashing ...

Speaking of bashing, I rule at backgammon. Don't tell Stephen, but I have this set of dice that has extra sixes on them. Instead of 1 dot it's got an extra 6 dot side. Brilliant, I know! Except I think he was getting on to me when I beat him four times in a row and I kept getting double sixes.

He was like "huh, that's funny, double sixes again." And I'm like "must be beginners' luck."

I don't think he bought it.

When he got back Saturday night (it's still just us in the house, Brooke is gone) he showed me photos of his trip to the San Jose Giants game on July 18 vs. the Modesto Nuts at SJ Municipal Stadium. The Giants won 1-0 in two hours. Fast. He let me post some of the pictures here:


Photos courtesy Stephen Baxter and Tom King. That's LHP Scott Barnes on the mound, the ninth rated prospect in the Giants' burgeoning farm system.


That's about it for now. Keep it real.

Jax

No comments: