Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We really need HD

Look at this little contraption, kids. This is the TV that I watch Giants games on. It's nostalgic of the 90's it's so old.

I can barely tell balls from strikes on this thing because IT'S IN LOW DEF. Was that a foul ball? Did he trap that ball in left field or catch it? I have no idea, folks.

Usually I'm listening to games on the radio in the garage, which might have even more "def" than the TV, because at least I can picture that backdoor slider or big hit of the wall. Here, I can see nothing. (Also I am colorblind, but that's beside the point. My sense of smell is impeccable.)

We are lucky enough to have ESPN's Jon Miller do our local radio and TV Giants games (except Sunday nights) and he is one of the best in the business. He could wax poetic for hours about all kinds of Bay Area baseball history: the San Francisco Seals, the New York Giants moving to San Francisco ...

Oh man. It's still pretty hot here. I need a shave. Maybe after this nap ...

Jax

No comments: